On April 23, 1835, Jacob Graham, Clement Anderson, Isaac Graham, Charles Wroten and William Wix bought 60 perches of land near Vernon, Delaware for 50 cents and donated it to John Rawley, Nathan Todd, Peter Callaway, Joshua Cranor and William Wilkerson and their successors, trustees of Prospect Chapel. The original church cost $500 but became too small. The present church was built in 1874. Sunday school rooms were added as needed in 1961, 1967, and 1973. Fellowship Hall was added in 1992. The Clothes Closet addition was built in 2016 and is featured in the second picture below.