Our March-April 2018 Newsletter was just posted on the Newsletter page. This is an excerpt:
20 Reasons to Join Your Church Choir! (You should read this!)
- Participate in a different type of worship
- Praise God in a new and fun way
- You don’t have to know how to read music – I’m serious!
- Learn something new – why wouldn’t you want to?
- There are techniques to help people sing on key, even if you think you can’t!
- Singing lowers your stress levels (!!!)
- Singing is a natural anti-depressant
- Singing easily increases your oxygen intake and improves circulation
- Singing improves your posture
- Singing improves mental-alertness
- Choir is a confidence booster
- Singing strengthens your throat muscles which can reduce snoring (you know who you are)
- Improve your ability to communicate
- Connect with other church members (AND get to know your friendly neighborhood musician)
- Singing increases your appreciation of music
- You will learn more about hymns which are the foundation of all Christian worship music
- Represent your church and proclaim your faith!
- Read the Bible through music
- More people equals a stronger choir which broadens our song choices
- Help make our Sunday mornings joyful!
You do not have to make a weekly commitment to the church choir. We appreciate any participation you can offer – even if it’s only once a month! Practice only lasts about an hour but that hour can reduce stress, improve your health, and help your church become stronger and better able to present special music on a weekly basis. Thank you! Courtney
“I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.” (Psalm 104:33)