“How to Read the Bible” is an 8 minute video sermon on YouTube which summarizes what the Rev. Dr. Lawrence D. Jameson preached about on Sunday, August 19, 2018 at Prospect, Trinity, and Asbury United Methodist Churches in Harrington, Delaware.
Click here to see my sermon:
Please note we have new Worship Service and Sunday School times! We would also like to welcome our new Pastor, Larry Jameson. Come join us each Sunday!
Worship Service- 8:45 am
Sunday School Service-10:00 am
Our March-April 2018 Newsletter was just posted on the Newsletter page. This is an excerpt:
20 Reasons to Join Your Church Choir! (You should read this!)
- Participate in a different type of worship
- Praise God in a new and fun way
- You don’t have to know how to read music – I’m serious!
- Learn something new – why wouldn’t you want to?
- There are techniques to help people sing on key, even if you think you can’t!
- Singing lowers your stress levels (!!!)
- Singing is a natural anti-depressant
- Singing easily increases your oxygen intake and improves circulation
- Singing improves your posture
- Singing improves mental-alertness
- Choir is a confidence booster
- Singing strengthens your throat muscles which can reduce snoring (you know who you are)
- Improve your ability to communicate
- Connect with other church members (AND get to know your friendly neighborhood musician)
- Singing increases your appreciation of music
- You will learn more about hymns which are the foundation of all Christian worship music
- Represent your church and proclaim your faith!
- Read the Bible through music
- More people equals a stronger choir which broadens our song choices
- Help make our Sunday mornings joyful!
You do not have to make a weekly commitment to the church choir. We appreciate any participation you can offer – even if it’s only once a month! Practice only lasts about an hour but that hour can reduce stress, improve your health, and help your church become stronger and better able to present special music on a weekly basis. Thank you! Courtney
“I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.” (Psalm 104:33)
Spread the word and come join us!!!
Please note, due to the weather forecast, all church related events tonight, Tuesday, March 20, 2018 have been canceled.
- The Contemporary Service at Trinity UMC has been canceled.
- The Church Council meeting at Prospect UMC has been canceled.
Please Join Us! The next concert is on March 17. Please see more info below!